Friday, June 02, 2006

Memory (part 1)

I was going throught some old data files, when I found a data file that brought a smile to my face.

It was about a year and half after Anakin join the order, we ( Erifia, Kriss, Anakin, Aayla, and myself) had found ourselves placed in a small clan. As to why, I still don't fully understand but I don't question the will or wisdom of the council.

If I remember correctly it was the first class as a group that we all were in the same room for the first time. That's when fighting started between Erifia and Aayla. I don't really remember why but I think it had something do with Erifia third Lekku.

I don't remember a think a day since then that Erifia and Aayla could be seen or heard fighting over something or other.

Then there was quiet Kriss, and and for some reason just knew how to sit back watch all of this and not step in and try to stop them from hurting each other.

Plus there was Anakin, who'd try just about everything he knew to make Erifia and Aayla stop fighting. When that didn't work he start yelling in a strange language. I think that only stopped them once. At one time he said me that the language was Huttese.

It was durring Erifia and Aayla's that Master Windu, came running in to the room and firmly yelled "Younglings! Stop this fighting right now!"

The room became dead quite as Master Windu looked at all of us and calmly said "Be glade that I'm not your teacher. But as of this moment, you are all required to make a complete list of what you think is involved in Jedi training."

Here's what we turned in as a group!

WISDOM & Inner peace
Teaching the students to meditate, use the force to calm themselve, not use the dark side, ect. Teahing them to become good, wise, natural leaders, above all else.

FORCE POWERS
Telekenisis, telepathy, mind tricks, ect. All the cool tricks that Jedi can use with the Force, plus teaching them about it's nature, so that they can continue to improvise and use the Force in new and original ways.

LIGHTSABER COMBAT
This is obviously important, as a Jedi is expected to be ready for a fight at a moment's notice, with his lightsaber always slung at his side.

HAND TO HAND/MARTIAL ARTS FIGHTING
engaging in hand to hand combat with or without his/her light saber

LINGUISTICS
A Jedi should be versed in several languages, if he is to operate efficiently as a peacekeepr and a mediator throughout the galaxy.

MECHANICAL SKILLS
It seems to me that Jedi always seem to know their way around an engine room. This makes sense, since they have to do a lot of space travel. Plus they have to build their own lightsabers.

WISDOM
Teaching the students to meditate, use the force to calm themselve, not use the dark side, ect. Teahing them to become good, wise, natural leaders, above all else.

FORCE POWERS
Telekenisis, telepathy, mind tricks, ect. Al the cool tricks that Jedi can use with the Force, plus teaching them about it's nature, so that they can continue to improvise and use the Force in new and original ways.

OK, but at the end of their training they must pass the Trials. These are four tests that force them to show what they have learned. There is the Trial of Skill, Trial of Flesh, Trial of Courage, and Trial of the Spirit.

A Jedis Training revolves around one thing and only one thing, the Will of the Force.

All these other things that have been stated are the Sentients admonishments to what they believe a Jedi should be. Each jedi is different, some cannot express certain abilities like Telekinesis, (AKA Corran Horn), so making it a requirment of his/her training would be not only cruel, but an undue punishment.

These things were done for thousands of years and the Jedi did not grow, nor did the Jedi learn. So perhpas, instead of training the Jedi, it made them stagnate into a complacent Order. Their training served them as a whole to handicap them.

Another thing they study is the Jedi Code.

I'm pretty sure that it involves carrying your master on your back through a jungle.
But that may be just for advanced students. Or for really small masters

I pity the man who learns from a Hutt Jedi then

If I remember correctly, Anakin wrote these last two down.

It took us about two weeks nonstop to write this list (while Erifia and Aayla fighting over the wording towards the end). Then nearly another week for any one of us to become friends or much less stand in the same room for an hour.

7 comments:

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

That's a lot of writing. It's a good start for you training, though, I think.

Unknown said...

I remeber that! Thank the stars we got over that mess! When Anakin talks in Huttese, you know it anit pretty what he's saying.

Skywalker said...

"I'm pretty sure that it involves carrying your master on your back through a jungle."

It's true, you know.

Essential for all Padawans to learn. *snirk*

Skywalker said...

BTW, it wasn't nice, what I said.

Erifia Apoc said...

I remember that, but I forget the master, I need to go have a word with him. I thought it was obvious I hated Aayla.

But, she hated me first, I promise.

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Where was learning about Force Wedgies? Or is that only for Masters to learn?

Magdalena said...

wow... its almost like my first says with the order