Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Medical Transport

flashback

I woke in a transport of some sort .

I felt it take off but I didn’t see anyone close by to call for help.

I as tried to raise to sitting position, but felt my body struggle again it. I raised my head and looked down at straps that across my chest and legs.

I felt my eyelids turning into lead doors as they quickly closed tightly.


(Meanwhile)

“How she doing?” Asked one of the attending as she walked up to the med bed.

“Far as I can tell, no external injuries but she could internal injuries or worse.” The other attending flatly stated as she also went to the med bed and started with gently open one of young woman’s eyes and shinned a light into her eye. “No reaction to light.”

“Ma’am if you can hear me, squeeze my hand.“ the first attendant said as she waited for the young woman to try and respond to her request. After about 10 tense minutes of waiting “Nothing.” the attendant cried as she wrote it down in the medical file.

“ She could be in a comma.” the second attendant said aloud as she continued on with checking the woman vitals.

“Brian damage?” the first attending asked worried looked down at the young woman.

“We won’t know that until we get her to the hospital.” The second attendant stated as she continued to watch the young woman vital fail “Just how much longer till we’re at the hospital?”

“Our ETA is 10 minutes,” The driver stated.

Grapping for a neck brace, the second attendant called out to the driver “Careful with that driving, we don’t need more trouble back here.” as she fitted the brace around the young woman’s neck. As she turned to the first attendant and asked “Why wasn’t this done when first?”

‘I…I….I wasn’t sure it was needed.” the first attendant flatly stated

“We always use one, even if it looks like one is not needed.” The second attendant stated as she went on “If this young woman has brain damage, we could be liable because we didn’t use one, understand. And since we didn’t put one on her till now, I’m going to have to report it. It may end up costing us both our jobs.”

The first attendant sadly hung her head in defeat, then asked “How much longer to the medical center?”

“We’re just pulling up.” The driver called back to the attendants then added. “A medical team is waiting for her in room 1 with another team on stand by if she needs surgery..”

The attendants prepared the floating medical lift to carry the young woman into the hospital.

“What’s her status?” Called out of the doctors as she rushed out the medical centers doors.

“No external injuries but she hasn’t awoken since we got her on the transport. I tried to get a reaction to light, sound and touch so for she hasn‘t responded. All other vitals are weak but they are also strong at times. Plus we didn‘t get the brace on her till her had her in the medical transport.”

The doctor nodded as she looked down and said “Miss, if you can hear me. My name is Doctor Delary, I’m with the Southern Woman’s Hospital. Your going to be ok. “ She said as she ran with the floating medical lift.


TBC

6 comments:

Padawan Erifia said...

*Bites her lip*

Please... Barriss, if you die when you're older, who is going to be my best friend?

Skywalker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

GRR! Everyone needs me and I'm stuck on Vader's ship! Don't die on me, Barriss!

Skywalker said...

Sith spit! Hang in there!

Master Obi-Wan said...

What happen?

Tash199 said...

hang in there