Thursday, March 30, 2006

Part 6 - Harvey (Let's try this again!)

This story is a cross over.. to read more or to catch up with the story go here .. Master Luminara's Blog

I could hear the privacy curtain being pulled close as I tried to open my eyes. I could barely get my eyes open in time to see who had been in to check on me.

I vaguely remember that Master Luminara was holding my hand for some time. Maybe it was her leaving!? Or maybe it was just one of the healers checking my vitals? My thoughts just barely pierced my sleep driven mind awake.

Suddenly my eye lids felt like they were heavy steel doors, closing very slowly as sleep quickly but ever so quietly took over my body.

(Hours pass)

I woke up to the sound of someone crying in the bed next to me.

"Calm down, Harvey! You'll wake the other patents with all this crying!" gentley said a female voice that I finaly recognizied the voice to belong to NandeHI, the temple's nanny.

"It hurts!" wailed Harvey as tears streaked down his face, "It really, really hurts!"

"Hmph! warned you not pet wookie inside, I did!" Recognised the voice to belonging to Master Yoda, as he firmly scolded Harvey.

I could hear the worry in NandeHI voice as she asked Master Yoda " Shouldn't the healer be here by now?"

"Be here, a healer should."frankly stated Master Yoda "Go see where the healer is, I will."

I could hear his cane hitting the floor as he left the unit, as Harvey started moaning in pain.

(several Minutes pass)

NandeHI started pacing around the room and started talking to anyone who would listen "Where is he? I thought he was coming right back!"

I could hear Harvey moaning as NandeHI lightly said "Now, now Harvey I go see where the healer is, but you just stay right here and don't move until I come back."

(Minutes ticked away like hours)

Harvey continued to moan even louder as the time slowly passed by. I can't sleep with all this noise that he's making!

"It's alright Harvey." I barely said over a whisper. "Your not the only one in pain."

Harvey continued to cry out in pain as I was talking to him.

"But my arm really hurts!" his voice cracking with sobs as he tried to calm himself down for my sake.

I used the force to check for other injures as I sat up in bed. Since no one else is going to care for this boy, then I will.

I about ready to swing my feet to the floor when Harvey started crying louder and louder in pain.

"Harvey!" I moaned and lightly said "It's alright, I come over and stay with you until the healer comes."

I went to swing my feet to the floor as Harvey cryed out. "Please just make the pain stop!"

"I'll do what I can but you have to calm down, Harvey." I said calmly and tryed to keep Harvey calm and happy as I could.

I pulled the privacy curtain that seperated the two of us, and got my first look of Harvey laying in bed holding his left arm close to his body and his face was red from crying.

"Are you one of the healers?" Harvey looked at me with a questioning look in his eyes.

"No, but I'm training to be one." I stated calmly.

I looked around quickly and saw that the stool for visiters was over on the other side of Harvey's bed. Using the force, I moved the stool around the bed and sat down on it.

Using the force, I gently took the pain Harvey was in away so that I could hold his arm and find out why it was hurting him so. Using a calming effect that I had been taught in class, I calmed Harvey down so that he could sleep while I sat watch over him. And it wasn't long before Harvey was asleep and I could touch his arm and find out why he was in so much pain.

I gently touched Harvey arm and the force showed me that he had broken his arm but not in one place but three different places. Poor kid!

Very gently and carefully I reset each of the breaks with the force. It was a very slow process and took me several hours to complete. But when I was done, I reliazed that Harvey and I weren't alone.

In fact, the curtain had been pulled back and standing there was Master Yoda, NandeHI, and one of the healers. I didn't see these three at first, in fact I was looking over their shoulders and directly into the face of my master. She didn't look to happy to see me out of bed, much less happy that I was helping another with their medical needs. I know, I should have just stayed in bed! But that's not what my medical training taught me to do!

My mind raced as I relaized that there was more then just Master Luminara standing in the room.

When I looked in to the faces of the other 3 that where standing there.. I saw and felt with the force their disbelieve and disaprovable in what I was doing out of bed!

One of the healers come up along side me and looked down at Harvey's arm. A smile appeared as he said with suprise " That's the first time anyone ever has done that without the use of batha pack to ease pain."

Master Yoda turned and said to my master "Talk now we must, Master Luminara." With a nod from my Master I sat and watch as the two of them left the healing ward together.

I started to stand and go back to my own bed when NandeHI looked at me and asked " Now where do you think your going?"

"Back to bed! I'm not needed here anymore, and I should get some rest tonight."I stated and nodded to the healer to take over as I slowly walked back to my bed, closing the curtain behind me and got back into my bed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh is the fact yoda has to speak to your master a good thing or bad thing hmmm :)

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

I think master Yoda is being tainted by the Grumpy side of the Force today. Tough way for Harvey to learn about the proper way to deal with a wookie.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Wow, was he pullin' the wookies ears or something? Poor Harv.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Hey, did this just change?

What the--?!

Anonymous said...

yeah it did change

Jawa Juice said...

Nice job, Barriss. Now to find that wookiee and hit his nose with a rolled up paper for what he did to Harvey.

Anonymous said...

I dont think the wookie did it, hes just takin the blame.

I think nan did it and she knows why.

Vegeta said...

At least he didn't have a crayon lodged in his brain.