Friday, March 31, 2006

Part 7 - Hours Later!

Continued from here.


Don't know how long I slept but when I woke up Master Luminara was there waiting to talk to me.

"Barriss?" My Master said as she held my hand.

"Hmm" as I tried to find my voice "Yes Master!" I slowly said as I opened my eyes.

"Lunch will be here soon and so will Healer Dimon. She wants to talk to you before you leave today." Master Luminara said as I sat up in bed.

"Leave, Master?" I asked with a little worry in my voice.

"Yes, your healed enough to go back to your own room here at the temple. And in a few days time maybe go back to classes!" My master started as she looked me over. It was almost as if this would be the last time that we would be together.

"Master is something wrong?" I asked.

"No, Barriss nothing is wrong. It's just that you have a meeting with the Jedi council tomorrow." Master Luminara said with a look of sadness in her eyes.

"Am I going to be punished for healing Harvey?" I slowly asked.

My Master looked at me and smiled "No, I don't think that's why they want to see you for."

"Oh!?" was all I could say when one of the healers walked into the ward with a single tray of food. She walked straight up to my bed as she set the tray down on a side table, and asked " Well, how are you feeling today Barriss?" and then went and stood behind my master as I answered her question.

"A little tired but I feel fine!" I said as I sat up and talk to the healer.

"Master Luminara, could you please wait in the waiting room while Barriss and I talk over a few things." the healer asked with a smile on her face.

"Of course!" My master said as she took my hand and lightly squeezed it before leaving.

"Barriss, I'm Healer Dimon! I'm here to ask you a few question about what happened last night." Healer Dimon said calmly and with a small knowing smile on her face.

I nodded and gently said "Did I do something wrong last night?"

"No, you did not do anything wrong." said the healer "I'd just like for you to tell me what happened last night so that when I make my report to the council I will have all the information that I need."

"Of course!" I said and started to explain the event from last night to her. "Well, it all started when Harvey was laying in his own bed crying because he was in pain. This was right after NandeHI had left to go look for a healer to help Harvey. I told him I would sit with him until a healer would come, but I used the force and found out that he had three broken bones." I shook my head and continued talking. "I also used a calming effect that was taught in class to calm him, and it also but him to sleep. After which I just let the force take over from there until the curtain was pulled back."

The healer just sat there with a smile on her face. "Healer Dimon, did I do something to Harvey?"

Healer Dimon smiled and said " No, Barriss! You did something that most padawans can not do without years of training. And it just was a suprise to healers that where there last night that you had gotten up and helped Harvey without the use of Bantha patch to ease his pain as well."

"Here!" She said with a smile as she wheeled the tray of food closer to the bed. "I didn't bring this all the way in here and not have you eat while I was here."

"Thank you" I lightly said.

"Well for now Barriss I must be going and work on this report for the council. I also have to visit with your Master for a few minutes." Her smile would light up her face and she spoke. "After which you should be prepared to leave soon after. I hope that we'll be able to talk again really soon."

I smiled at her and watched as she left the healing unit. How odd for this healer to think that I'll be back to talk to her. I thought to myself as I ate the meal that she left for me to eat.

About a half of an hour passed before another healer walked into the unit.

"Ah, good. I see that you are done with your meal." The healer said as she moved the tray to a side table.

"May I ask, why are you here?" I asked.

"I'm here to help you get ready to leave healing ward today." The healer said with a look of excitement in her eyes. "But before we do anything else, I want to talk to you about why you where here in the healing ward in the first place."

I nodded and she continued on talking "Well, I know that you've been told that you originally passed out due to the heat stroke that was caused by high setting of the heat in the temple." She smiled and continued, "And to why you passed out this last time. Well, a research team has found a tampered bottle that was placed in the refresher. That bottle came from a resort on the plant of Anison. To say the least, it looks like someone is out to kill all of the Jedi." I almost didn't hear the last part, due to the fact that the healer said it so quietly.

"Did you just say that someone is out to kill all of the Jedi?" I quickly asked.

"Yes, I did." she lightly said as if she didn't want to upset me.

"You won't know anything about how that bottle got there?" She asked as she looked directly into my eyes and waited for me to answer.

"No, I do not." I lightly said and kept eye contact as I spoke to her.

"I didn't think you did but still I had to ask for the record." She stated flatly.

"I understand" I fired back. I was getting upset just sitting on the bed not doing anything that would get me out of healing ward any faster.

"Well, then lets get started by getting you into a refresher and dressed to leave." The healer said with a smile.

"Ok." I said and thought if this is how the rest of my day goes it's not going to be any fun.

"Come now, we haven't got all day." The healer stated as if she was joking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no someone is trying to kill the jedi


this isnt good we dont want to loose you barriss

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

I smell a promotion! Good job with Harvey. Now stop drinking the poisoned water and life will get better.

Vegeta said...

Bah! Poision the cowardly way to kill.