Friday, August 18, 2006

Ekria

continued from here

My eyes snapped open to the sound of a younglings small cry of alarm.

“Ekria,” I called out “What are you doing here?” I asked as I spotted the child no more then two feet away from me.

“Mommy!?” questioningly asked the child.

“No Ekria,” I started to say then stopped myself.

My thoughts turned back to the day that I found her a year earlier, she had called out to me like she did now, I reminded myself as Ekria climbed into my lap. I closed my eyes as felt a pull at my heart.

This feels so right but I know it’s wrong as I held the child close to me.

I opened my eyes and looked down at Ekria as she fell asleep in my lap. As the door behind us opened and in walked Master Windu.

“Knight Offee,” Master Windu softly said.

“Yes Master,” I replied as I gently got up while holding on to Ekria as she slept.

“I see you found her.” stated Master Windu with a smiled as I pondered what he meant by that.

“More like she found me, Master.” I quietly stated as I slowly tried to bow in show of respect to the senior Master.

“Barriss, “ Master Windu slowly calmly stated“ The council has sent me here to talk to you about your upcoming knighthood and taking on Ekria on as your padawan learner.”

I was shocked at first, then smiled before saying “If the council believes that I’m ready then I’m happy to take Ekria as my padawan.”

“I will tell the council your answer as well as get you new Master/Padawan room set up in the next few weeks.“ Stated Master Windu as he nodded before turning to leave.

My mind raced as I watched Master Windu leave.

6 comments:

Erifia Apoc said...

A padawan... Oh man... If the temple gave me a padawan the poor kid would be dead come morning.

Unknown said...

A padawan! How wonderful!!!
And that Otters thing... I could have sworn I just seen the commmnet somewhere else...

Skywalker said...

Hum. You better hope that kid isn't as bad as me when I was that small! HA!

Master Obi-Wan said...

This is a good thing. A Padawan will be good for you.

Nepharia said...

Quite an honor and responsibility at the same time. Congratulations.

Phobia said...

Congrats Barriss! *hugs* give me a yell if you need someone to talk to.. as I understnad it, Master Paradox does that a lot wiht me at times.. and oh .. be careful for the shaving cream ballon prank.. Skywalker uses that a lot.. and don't let her hang around anakin.. or you might have a mini Skywalker clone on your hands after too much longer.. My cousion came from Quellor for a visit.. my aunt and uncle were convinced jedi were demon spawn by the tiem she got home for a week... took me two years to convince them otherwise.. *bats Anakin over the head with a newspaper* your fauly pink tutu nerfherder!

Okay shutting up now lmao