Sunday, September 24, 2006

Home sweet home, well sort of!

Read these first so your not lost
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7

As I sat there I pondered where I should go, and the only answer that made any sense was to go back home to Mirial or to one of the Mirialan moons.

'Given my choices, I'll take my luck on one of the moons.' I told myself as I watched the ship prepare to jump to light speed.

I slept during the tripe to Mirialan moon Lemorn, and as I landed my ship on a one of the landing docks. I noticed that the planet hadn't changed since the last time I had visited it.

'Nothing ever changes, does it?' I asked myself as I reached for my bag and then thought. 'And nothing ever will.' As I unclipped my lightsaber and tucked it in my travel bag.

I walked away from the ship, and towards the port and see about getting a place to stay. 'In these places, the locals don't like outsiders.' I remember Master Luminara sayings once while she was teaching me of our home world.

I don't watch were I was going until I came upon a inn that she and I stayed at the a year ago.

The inn appearance on the outsides was old, almost falling apart but inside was a different story. Last time it was warm, inviting, almost made you think of home when you walked in.

I noticed that few to hardly any lights where on, 'Maybe the inn has closed?' I asked myself as I knocked on the door.

After my third knock, the inn keeper opened the door and peered out at me. Recognizing me from before he said "Welcome, welcome!" as he stepped a side allowing me to enter.

Once inside I noticed that there were a few changes. Last time the entryway was bright and cheerful, now it was still bright but not as cheerful.

"Are you here alone or will your friend be joining you soon?" The Inn keeper asked with a smile.

"I’m not sure." I replied slowly. I wasn’t sure what the council was going to do, if anything at all.

"Ah!" The Inn keeper stated and waited for me to go on.

I really looked at the Inn keeper and noticed that his clothes were a little worn and torn in several places. 'He looks like he hasn't eaten in days!' I told myself as I asked, "Do you have any rooms available?"

"Yes, I do still have a room available." The Inn keeper said as he showed me to the check in desk and waited.

"May I rent it from you?" I asked slowly.

"Why, yes you may." The Inn keeper said as he reached for his books. Then he asked "May I get an name, please?"

I nearly freaked out, I hadn't thought about what name I was going to use or if I was going to keep the name I've known most my life. I made up my mind and said "Baris Ofee."

"Could you please spell if for me," The Inn keeper politely asked as he waited with his pen ready to write as I spelled it out for him.

"Thank you," He said and then added "You and your friend paid me too much the last time you were here so this stay on me." He proudly said as I slowly thought about how I was going to pay for the room.

"Oh?" I said, wondering why Master Luminara would have done such a thing for in the first place.

"Yes," He happily stated "I couldn't find either of you the last time and thought that if her or you came back I would do what I could to make sure to set everything right."

"That is nice of you to remember us," I stated as I waited to be shown to my room.

"Please, follow me." he happily stated as he came around the desk with a set of keys. Then he smiled as he took the lead towards one of the rooms as I followed him.

5 comments:

Erifia Apoc said...

I'm coming... Hold your padawan-braid.

Master Obi-Wan said...

Lemorn, the mourning moon? Why are you there????????

Unknown said...

Please come back! Don't leave me with Darth!

Skywalker said...

you shot me in the backside with a needle and then you run off! Dont meake me come after you, cause I will, you know?

Nepharia said...

Barris, don't tell me that you are lost as well? The dark side could always use one with your talents. :D