Thursday, September 14, 2006

Title Healer...or maybe not!?

so your not lost, read this first

My eyes slowly adjust to the lack of light as I heard flow of water from the fountains .

"Padawan Barriss Offee, you stand before us today as Padawan walking into knighthood.. Are you not?" The voice asked but the speaker but didn't step forward.

Lowering my head I slowly said "Yes, that is correct." Just as I stated to say something more, when all of the fountains started to glow with light. My eyes went wide as I saw hundred of healers in the room causing the light to come from the fountains.

Then I saw Healer Da'nar step forward and slowly said to everyone "All welcome Healer Offee to our ranks and make her feel welcome."

I couldn't believe it, me a healer. After all the years of studying and working towards this goal. I was a healer and it saddened me. I was prepared to leave Master Luminara side as her padawan, and be placed into knighthood but I wasn't ready to be a knighted and a healer all at the same time.

"Barriss!?!?" a quiet voice beside me lightly said.

Looking over at the smiling face of one of the other Mirialan healer. "I‘m alright." I said back with a smile.

But I wasn't alright, I was in shook. Everything around me was going in 50 different directions and I I felt like I was going down each and ever single one of them at the same time.

I also felt like running from the room, finding Erifia or Kriss, or at least someone who'd help or at least listen to me and what I have to say.

I felt the room start to spin as the colors from the fountains started changing as fast as my beating heart.

I then felt Master Luminara hand on my arm, "I am sorry to interrupt but Barriss is needed before the council this very moment." she quickly said as she bowed to show respect and waited for me by the door.

"Go now," I heard someone softly say as I bowed and turned to follow my old master Luminara to the council meeting.

As the door closed behind us I slowly said "Master!?" as I felt myself crash to the floor.

4 comments:

Erifia Apoc said...

You should eat more, faint less you will.

Jardena said...

Yeah, or maybe you're narcoleptic, which is why you're a healer and not a fighter. Though with that light issue, maybe you have a seizure disorder. Because Erifia's right, you pass out a lot, maybe you should start carrying smelling salts or something.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the knighting. You might want to get looked at. Fainting in not a good sign.

Skywalker said...

Knighted, huh? About time. The fainting anit good.