Thursday, September 14, 2006

When all you want is time (and there is none to spare)

Read these first so your not lost
Part 1
Part 2

As the door closed behind us, I slowly said "Master!?" as I felt myself crash to the floor.

"Barriss!?" Master Luminara called out as she knelt down before me.

I closed my eyes as she touched my face "It's ok, Barriss! Your body is in shock. With all that has happened, I'm surprised that this didn't happen before now." she lightly said.

I looked at Master Luminara as I smiled, "Oh?" I asked as I tried to stand.

"Yes, my young friend." she said as she took my arm to help me stand.

"Master!?" I slowly said as she shook her head no.

"I'm no longer your master Barriss, after today you won’t be able to call me that unless we’re in the council together." Luminara said as she looked directly at me.

"I was wondering if we had time to get something to eat?" I slowly asked, and thinking that this may be our last meal together for all time.

Luminara looked shocked but slowly closed her eyes as she answered, "We do have a little time but not much." then she smiled.

I smiled back as she lead me to a small break room that looked like one of the Master's break room.

She nodded to a table and lightly said "Sit Barriss, I'll fix you something."

"Thank you," I said as I sat down in a nearby chair.

"I may not be able to fix you much but this should do until later." she said as she held up a piece of fruit.

"Later?" I asked as I slowly wondered what she meant by that.

Grabbing a plate she said, "Yes, usually after a knighting from the council. As many as 50 Mirialan Jedi will gather to greet you into knighthood. There's usually a small gathering but well planned meal that happens afterwards as a way for new knights to thank their masters." As she slowly cut the fruit up and placing the slices on a plate.

As I watched her sadness filled my eyes, "No, Barriss now is not a time to be sad." I hear her say as she walked up to me with the plate in hand.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and said, "I’m not sad, just worried about you." downcasting my eyes as I waited for her to speak.

1 comment:

Darth Inferna said...

Of course its a time to be sad... Get angry... She's not really evern talking to you. Get really angry about it... Strike her down...